This past weekend I had the honor and privilege to meet Deb from Smitten Kitchen. I’m always pleasantly surprised and reassured about the world when I meet a blogger in real life that I’ve come to “know” over the internet, and he or she is just as lovely and wonderful as you would imagine. Deb is just that and a million times more. Meeting her and flipping through her cookbook re-energized my mind with recipes and things to do in the kitchen.
It also fulfilled my nosy to desire to learn about her real life. Do you ever wonder about bloggers’ real lives? I do. Totally admitting that I love the day-in-life and a peak behind the scenes from bloggers. Not that I am anywhere near the level of cook or blogger as Deb, or most food bloggers for that matter, but I thought it would be fun to take a peak into a typical week in the Food Snob House through the eyes of our kitchen.
In a typical week we. . . .
- Eat about 21 bananas (one a day per member of our family)
- Eat out one time (or less)
- Go through one gallon of whole milk
- I eat about 3/4 of a jar of raw almond butter
- Bake 2 loaves of sourdough bread
- Make one batch of stock (veggie or chicken usually)
- Have soup at least once for dinner
- Ruin one batch of rice (I am a horrid rice cooker)
- Use the blender every single day
- Always have dirty dishes in the sink (and probably a less than spotless kitchen. I have no dishwasher and this is real life.)
- May or may not go to the grocery store (I’ve been going only every-other week in a save money + be more resourceful kick)
- Use 4 lemons for hot lemon water or tea
- Break at least one glass or plate
- Have about three “ugh, there is nothing to eat” moments
What about you? What is a typical week in your kitchen like?
Check to see if you won the Navitas Naturals and King Arthur Flour giveaway!