Sometimes I cook nothing new for days in a row. It’s not a big deal really, but it leaves me dry of blog content. So, a mid-week brain dump about other things food related is all I’ve got.
1. The first thing I do every morning is make a cup of warm lemon water. I also drink a mug of it before bed. I read in a magazine at the doctor’s office that it helps the body detoxify. I think it also makes you feel like an 80-year-old.
2. We celebrated our 5 year (!!) anniversary last weekend at Elaia. If you live in St. Louis go there now. I cannot say enough about the food, the wine, the atmosphere, the staff . . . all of it!
3. BOLD Organics sent me a coupon to try one of their gluten free pizzas. If I didn’t know it was gluten free, I would of never guessed!
4. When I grocery shop, I started needing to think about what Baby Snob will eat. This may seem minor, but it is slightly life altering. I get really stressed when I don’t know what to feed her, and she is doing the sign for hungry over and over again. Thank goodness she isn’t a picky eater!
5. I started a new sourdough starter today thanks to King Arthur Flour. I’m excited to show you guys how it goes and make some more sourdough stuff.
6. Is there a breakfast (besides a smoothie) that is truly portable and edible in the car? Tell me your ideas!!
7. Did the Super Bowl used to be earlier? I swear it used to start at 4 p.m. Now it doesn’t start until 6:30 p.m. Not that the NFL cares, but that is really inconvenient for parents with small kids.