If you don’t listen to the podcasts over at Homefries, you should. My personal favorite is the Joy the Baker podcast, hosted by Joy and Tracy of Shutterbean. In the podcast last week, which also has a hilarous bit about Joy’s appearance on Great Day St. Louis, they gave some homework: share 5 things you are currently loving. Here are mine:
1. Caslon T-Shirts: These are very flattering for the post-baby body. I want one in every color. As of right now though, I only own one. It’s the cloudburst color. I wear it every week.
2. Braids: Braids are perfect for the greasy hair days that you don’t have time to shower and the days you don’t have time to dry/style your hair and need to put it up wet. I have been rocking this side braid pulled back in a bun at least 5 days a week.
3. Green Smoothies: The Food Snob and I have one of these every morning. Mine inlcudes a banana, 1/2 cup almond milk, large handful of spinach, 2 tbsp. oatmeal, 1 scoop protein powder, and about a cup of frozen strawberries. I top it with some granola, and it keeps me full all morning long. Plus, it garuntees I get some vegetables in my body.
4. Sassy Rings: Who would of thought something so simple could keep a baby entertained all. the. time. Rings, people. Simple, plastic rings.
5. Decaf Coffee: I was cautious of caffine while pregnant. Every few weeks I would have a decaf latte, but that was it. I was really looking forward to the copious cups of hot coffee I would get to enjoy once the jellybean was born. Then I found out that you can have even less caffine while breastfeeding. Think about that one: very limited caffine while not really sleeping. It was a sad, sad day. So, I’ve been drinking lots of caffine free coffee. Honestly, it’s one of my favorite parts of the morning. I look forward to it the night before (The Foods Snob says that is the first sign of an addiction. I say it’s the first sign on parenthood.).
What are some things you are loving?